1/17/2019 At this point, PA WIC (Women, Infants and Children) continues to operate as usual during the federal government shut down.
Here are some important notes regarding WIC benefits during this time:
1. WIC will continue to operate on our normal schedule and will remain open at this time.
2. Checks that have already been issued are good to use at the store. Stores will accept WIC checks as usual. If there is any confusion about this at the store, please inform your local WIC agency.
3. Keep your scheduled WIC appointment to receive benefits that can help your family during this difficult time.
4. BUDGET, BUDGET, BUDGET! WIC can help stretch your food dollars for the month. Especially those who will not receive SNAP benefits for the month of February and possibly longer. Space your WIC checks out for the month so you don't run out of food dollars.
5. Refer a friend. If you know a family who could use extra help during this time, especially those relying on food dollars from SNAP, tell them to call their local WIC to apply.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact your local agency.
206 West Plank Road
Altoona, PA 16602-3014
State College Office
270 Walker Drive, Suite 100
State College, PA 16801-7097