UPMC Home Healthcare of Central PA (formerly Home Nursing Agency) offers care following an injury, illness, hospital/facility stay, or surgery. Care is available in your home or an assisted living/personal care home. By combining expert clinicians, innovative systems, access to our continuum of care, and a commitment to exceptional service, we are able to consistently deliver top quality care in the home.
Serving all ages, UPMC Home Healthcare of Central PA is a nationally recognized provider of:
- Nursing care
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Nutrition services
- Social services
- IV and chemo therapy
- Pediatric specialty care
- Psych nursing
- Specialty programs
Why Choose Us?
- Not-for-profit providing serving all ages in your community since 1968
- Our advance-practice health care professionals enhance patient care and support
- Specialized services are offered such as wound care, rehabilitation therapies, and disease management programs
- Nurses are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Service excellence is our mission!
Our award-winning services begin with a dedicated staff:
- Registered nurses provide highly skilled care, proactively address health or safety concerns before they result in an unnecessary hospitalization, educate patients to enable self-management of their health, and serve as the "eyes and ears" of the physician in the home.
- Physical therapists provide advanced rehabilitative therapy in the home in order to improve and restore a patient’s mobility, independence, and safety.
- Occupational therapists focus on ensuring the patient can independently perform activities of daily living, such as eating, dressing, and bathing, through energy conservation and use of adaptive equipment in order to remain safely at home.
- Speech therapists work with individuals who need speech, language, communication, and swallowing training after a stroke, surgery, or other condition.
- Home health aides help with personal care and activities of daily living when skilled services are also provided.
- Specialty services are also provided by advanced-practice nurses, social workers, nutritionists, and psych nurses.